Wednesday, March 21, 2012






I ran the wonderful single track of the Leavitt Plantation for four hours this morning. It was a beautiful sunny warm day and I felt like I had the entire forest to myself. Much of the enjoyment for me is exploring the area and trying to figure out how all the trails and roads fit together. I am also always on the look out for trails I haven't found yet. I could easily spend an entire day out there and never get bored. I feel so fortunate to have so much of the woods and trails in this part of Maine open for public use, yet not advertised or formalized. I never saw a soul, except for a bunch of turkeys and a few deer.




But... there was someone out there with me. This track was not there on my first pass through. Barefoot mountain man perhaps?



This is typical of the footing out there. But it is a lot hillier than this photo shows!

No comments:

Post a Comment