Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Birthday Weekend!




We had a fun, action filled weekend this past weekend in Northeast, Vermont. Saturday we rode the trails until our legs gave out on us. Here's a photo of Kevin on one of our favorite trails, the West Branch Switchback climb.  He's one switchback above me.

Saturday night we went out to the Tamarack and enjoyed great food, beverages, and a pretty good live band, Wayland Speed.  It just so happened that Kevin and the lead singer were both from Waldo County Maine and knew a lot of the same people. So it made for some interesting bar conversation before the show started. We always have a good time at the Tamarack, but this time of year is best because the summer folks are gone and the skiers haven't arrived yet.
Sunday we headed to the mountain for some fast and fun lift-assisted mountain biking to celebrate my fiftieth birthday. I'm not sure what the average woman does to celebrate turning fifty, but this was a perfect celebration for me! After a dozen runs, I had to withdraw my opinion that downhill riders are just too lazy to pedal uphill. It is hard work and every muscle in my body was feeling it by the end of our day.

No comments:

Post a Comment