Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Recovering (again)

Both Monday and Tuesday I ran 5 miles at an easy, yet painful pace with a few short walking breaks. Those mountains really beat up the legs. Last evening I took a walk on Wells Beach with Mary and my legs suddenly felt great. Maybe it was the swim in the icy cold ocean that cured them! Anyway, this morning I did seven miles on trails and some pavement and felt very good. I ran over rough snow mobile trails and then the old Town Farm Road and returned on Spec Pond Rd. I took a very refreshing dip in Spec Pond about a half mile before getting home. It was a great way to start out the day on my first day back to work after vacation.

Steve Pero's MMD blog report and photos from MMD can be found at http://perogoats.blogspot.com/2009/08/mmd-50k.html

Bob Najar's MMD photos can be found at
http://picasaweb.google.com/RobertNajar/MMD2009#

Don't look at the unflattering photo of me with my eyes closed and my mouth full at the top of Mt Adams.

No comments:

Post a Comment