Monday, April 4, 2011

Early Spring Conditions

Trail running in Southern Maine isn't at it's best right now, but I'm still plugging away at it. Yesterday's few miles was sheer torture (but in a good way) on the slushy slippery mess. Today we had freezing rain and sleet all day. I got dressed to run and ventured out, thinking I'd run twenty miles on the slushy roads... but I ran back home after only a few miles of slipping around. I called Mary to make arrangements to run long tomorrow instead. Next weekend I will be running the Northern Nipmuck 16 mile trail race. It's a good season opener, fun course with fun people. I sure hope the Connecticut trails are bare dirt and rocks!

I am still patiently waiting for the local trails to be suitable for mountain biking. Until then I'll keep goofing around in the driveway. It's all fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment