Thursday, August 19, 2010

No Thursday Hill Repeats Today...

because I have to save my legs for the 13400 feet of climb I will be doing Saturday. To put MMD in perspective, I ran the Pemi Loop early last year in under 11 hours. I think MMD took me 16 hours for the same distance last year. The MMD course changes from year to year, but the description of this year's course sounds suspiciously similar to last year's. I think Jonathon is getting lazy. That's OK, so am I.

Today I ran for an hour at a relaxed pace on flat single track. I needed to run because I spent all morning doing clerical type work in my home office. I had stacks of paper piled everywhere, two computers running and the FAX machine humming. Plus it didn't help that I was writing out my bills and looking at Facebook each time I had to wait for data to move through cyberspace. Zoey the cat was walking around the desk throwing things on the floor and hiding important documents by sitting on them. I was a little frazzled by the time I signed off. Enough stress, today is my day off! The trails really helped clear my head.

My legs feel fresh and strong. I will do a little mountain bike ride with Kevin later today and maybe my P90X strength work tonight. I think I'll be fine for MMD even though I haven't been out to the mountains as often as usual this year. From the little bit of mountain running I have done this year, I can see that the mountain biking, strength work, and road hill repeats have really made my legs strong for climbing. I'm ready!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you are ready! I am eager to hear how 13400 feet goes! Amazing!

    ReplyDelete