Friday, September 25, 2009

Treadmill in September?!

I haven't been posting much lately. The weather has just been too nice to spend time sitting at the computer. I have been getting my runs in and feeling... not great, but OK. My mileage is actually up where it should be, which surprises me because I don't feel like I have been doing enough training. I have Oil Creek 100 in two weeks and as always going into these things, I wonder if I am ready for it. Ready or not, I'll give it my best shot.

After Oil Creek, I plan to take a little time off from running to re-group. I'll bike and hike and do my strength workouts during that time. I just feel like I need a mental and physical break from running. Then I'll start thinking about getting ready for snowshoe racing and cross country skiing.

Today I have an uphill tempo run planned. I'll do an outdoors warm up and cool down, but the tempo portion will have to be on the treadmill so I can do the prescribed pace at the prescribed grade. Yikes, who wants to get on the treadmill on a beautiful September morning? I'll do it, but I might have to put the treadmill out on the front porch. I'll let you know how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment