Thursday, October 29, 2009

My Shuffle is Becoming a Stride!

What a beautiful day, with sunshine and temps in the high 40's this morning. I ran 5 miles of single track on the Ossipee River Trails. I ran the same course two days ago at 9 minute mile pace. Today I ran at the same effort but did 8:30 pace. I felt great! When I got back home, I took a breakfast break and then headed back out on the mountain bike. I rode for about two hours at a relaxed pace, just enjoying the woods.

I feel like all the wear and tear and injuries from training and racing through the Spring and Summer are healing. My shuffle is starting to feel like a stride. Soon I might even have my signature bounce back in my step! I haven't been scolded about my inefficient bouncing style of running for a long time. If that ever happens again, I'll know I am back to 100% !

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad to hear that your body is singing...that is what my mum always says when I have one of those days when my body forgets it is sick and I feel great. She says "your body is singing to you...take the time to stop..listen and appreciate it's song" : )

    ReplyDelete