Thursday, December 18, 2008

It'sTime to get training!

I've missed a lot of training due to injuries over the past 2 years. Now that I am healthy again, I am having a hard time getting back into a good training routine. I'm hoping that posting my training on this blog will make me get out there and do what I need to do. I'm signed up for Massanutten so I'd better get out there and run!

I have signed up for 3 snow shoe races this winter at the urging of my friend, Tom. I don't have any goals for those races, other than having fun and seeing friends. My main goal right now is to run well at MMT. I'd like to beat last year's finish time and feel strong doing it. As Massanutten gets closer, I will set some other race goals for 2009.

This morning I ran 5 miles on crunchy snow in the woods. It was about 20 degrees and sunny. Just a beautiful morning. Had to go slow because of the slippery conditions, but followed up with one mile at a faster pace on the roads. Finished with upper extremity lifting and abdominal exercised on stability ball. After 2 weeks of regular training I am finally starting to feel a little like my old self. Now, if I could just start running like my old self...

No comments:

Post a Comment