Saturday, December 20, 2008

Treadmill Run

It was a beautiful snowy night last night and into this morning. We have about 7 or 8 inches of new light fluffy snow. It was easy shoveling with the temperatures so cold and the snow so light. I didn't start up the snow-thrower for this one. More snow expected for tomorrow. Maybe I'll ski Monday!

Today was supposed to be an easy 1 hour run. The roads are still snow covered and it is flurrying lightly. I thought about hitting the roads for my run, but while I was out shoveling I asked the neighborhood kid who runs with his dog about the road conditions. He said it wasn't bad, then proceeded to fall on his butt. He bounced right back up again and was off with a wave. I just don't bounce like I used to so I decided to stick with the treadmill again today. I've become a cautious runner. I hate being injured.

So the treadmill it was. It took some discipline to keep myself going instead of cutting the workout short. Time really drags on that thing. Tomorrow is supposed to be a 3 hour run. I don't know how bad the storm will be or when it will start. Hopefully I can get my run in before it hits. I really don't think I can go for three hours on the treadmill. There is always the snowshoe option to consider.

No comments:

Post a Comment