Thursday, July 30, 2009

Fast(ish) 4 this morning

Last night I had a terrible, hot, muggy, tired-legged run, this morning I had a great, fast, comfortable run over the same course on pavement and dirt logging roads. Maybe it was just the humidity yesterday, or maybe it was tired legs from my mountain run the day before, either way I'm glad I felt better today!

I ran just under 8 minute pace for four miles today. This is the first time in a long time I have been able to get the pace under 8:30's without any pain. I know it's hard to believe, but my back problem has been a lot better since running the 100. I can't explain it. Maybe the nerve that has been causing all the problems just burnt itself out after 30 miles in Vermont. I don't know if that is physiologically possible, probably not, but it is the theory I am going with.

1 comment:

  1. Yesterday I also had a hot, muggy, tired-legged 4 mile run. I didn't just run 100 miles last week though, and I didn't run over a mountain the day before, either. So, I'm hoping it was the heat getting to me. I'm hoping for a good run today to boost the confidence. Maybe we can do a hike on Monday if you're around! - - Amy

    ReplyDelete