Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Staying Busy

I set the bicycle trainer up on the back deck this morning. It was sunny and breezy back there, nice riding weather! I put Natalie Merchant on the CD player, clipped in, and rode for over an hour. The breeze in my face was almost enough to make it feel like I was going somewhere instead of sitting in one place! Sure, the neighbors looked at me kind of funny. Maybe it was the neck brace, but I think it is more likely just the idea that someone would actually ride a bike in place for an hour. They aren't exactly a "health conscious" sort of crowd over there.

I followed my "ride" with an uphill walk on the treadmill for another hour. Together, that made up a great morning workout without any risk of jarring my neck. I had been feeling like I was finally getting to a good fitness level, I'm not going to give that up just because of a stupid mistake I made on my mountain bike!

There are a lot of things I need to get done around the house. But, I just can't do a lot of them right now. Also, I can't do the things I like to do most, biking, hiking, and running in the woods. I can see that this might make me pretty blue within the next few days, so I am trying to focus on finding things I can do! Next on today's agenda is a walk to the Post Office.

1 comment:

  1. So sorry to hear about your accident but you have the right attitude. Hope you heal quickly!

    ReplyDelete