Friday, June 19, 2009

Still Sane, Barely.

Biking, Bike trainer, Strength training, Walking, Cardio X, repeat...

Although I am missing the running and several times have had to resist the tempatation to just to put on the trail shoes and give it a try, I am burning up plenty of time and energy with all this cross training. I'm not going TOO stir crazy. My son might beg to differ, as I did have a fit about him tracking dirt into the house yesterday, which is out of character for me. I think I was just jealous that he had dirt on his shoes to track into the house while my trail shoes are perfectly clean.

Hopefully, if the weather cooperates I will be able to do a long hike in the mountains next Thursday and/or Friday. That will definitely help my head. The body is doing pretty well so far with the training I am doing, but spinning on the bike, jumping around to Cardio X, and grunting under the dumbbells doesn't do much for the mental side of things!

4 comments:

  1. Hang in there Laurel. Your time on the sidelines will be over soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel ya. It is tough. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. a long Mountain hike well feed the running passion...where yeah plan on headin?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Ryan, I'm thinking I'll do Franconia Ridge...Falling Waters trail, then over Lincoln and Lafayette to Greenleaf and down the Old Bridle Path. One of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete