Sunday, May 9, 2010

Bear Brook Ride

We had an absolutely fantastic day of mountain biking at Bear Brook State Park in Allenstown, New Hampshire today! We rode about 18 miles of mostly single track. Kevin gave me a wonderful tour of some of the smoother flowing trails so we could do some good fast riding. Kevin has ridden and worked on and built trails in this state park for years so he is an excellent tour guide. There is a fair amount of climbing on the trails at Bear Brook, so I got my heart beating good and fast at times today.

The weather was cool and windy, but we stayed plenty warm riding and stayed sheltered from the wind most of the time. We saw a few bikers in the parking lot, but once we were out on the trails we only met one couple hiking and one small group biking. I felt like we had the entire park to ourselves for most of the day.

These trails are beautiful for running, too. If, I mean when I get back to the point where I can run comfortably again it would be worth the 1 1/2 hour drive for me to do a good hard long run there! Bear Brook State Park

No comments:

Post a Comment