Friday, May 14, 2010

Long Run

I had a fantastic 18 mile trail run over and around Black Cap, Cranmore, and Hurricane Mountains today. My legs felt very strong, but my cardio isn't at 100%, I kind of huffed and puffed on the uphills. This was great running, challenging climbs, but with level areas to catch my breath and really no need for walk breaks.

I really wanted to check out Red Tail Trail, which is much talked about among mountain bikers. Today, I ran down it's length and took some video to show Kevin. It's definitely something I would enjoy riding. We'll have to get back out there on wheels!

I ended up coming out onto pavement near the Cranmore Ski Area. I asked directions from someone coming out of the fitness complex, and was able to run back to my car over about 2 or 3 miles of roads. This was definitely a great confidence run. We all know how hard it is to judge fitness after taking time off from running. I can definitely say that the stationary trainer and the treadmill kept my legs strong, but I can also say that I need to work on my cardio fitness.

No comments:

Post a Comment