Friday, May 28, 2010


This past week has been busy! I have been preparing for a little entertaining here in Kezar Falls this weekend and then a wonderful vacation in Vermont starting Sunday afternoon. Amidst all the preparation, I have managed to stick to my training plan.

My runs are feeling better and better. Fitness always comes back after a lay off. I just had to keep plugging away and wait for it, but when it started returning it came back fast. The hard part was to stay patient and not get discouraged when I felt like crap day after day on the comeback trail. It helped to remind myself how fortunate I am to be healthy enough to do all the things I love to do and to remember that running is a great gift that I should never take for granted. Does it really matter how well or fast I do the things I love? No, it is enough just to be able to continue doing them for a lifetime!

This morning's run was great. My energy level was high and my legs were strong. This was surprising because Mary and I spent an entire day fooling around on some rented crappy bikes in the hot sunshine on Peaks Island yesterday. I was totally worn out when I got home last night, but we sure had a good time! I think we probably covered every square inch of the island about 10 times over and then enjoyed a wonderful dinner and a few beers on the deck over-looking the ocean.

This may be my last post until I get back from vacation, but I'll fill you in on all our mountain biking, running, and antics when I get back. Whoooooo-hoooooo, vacation!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment