Thursday, February 26, 2009

Coaching Help

I ran 5 miles on the ice and packed snow on Kezar Mountain Rd this morning. The town has kept this road plowed all the way through, most winters they don't. It was a good surface for running with Stabilicers but would have been tough going in shoes alone. I wasn't particularly fast, about 8:30-8:40 pace, but I felt strong and could have kept it up for a lot longer if I wanted to. I'm pleased with how I'm feeling on the uphills.

I have decided to start working with a coach. The last time I had a coach for more than a very short length of time, was about ten years ago and I did some of my best running during that time. It will help to have some objective guidance in my training. I think coaching help might keep me in check and help me move forward in a sensible way. I'm feeling great right now, I don't want to blow it! I'll be working with Paul DeWitt, past winner at some of the big ultras, including Leadville and Vermont. I'm impressed by what I've read about him and by the correspondence we have had back and forth by email. I'm confident this will be a good thing for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment