Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Easy 5

I ran an easy 5 today. The warmer temperatures felt nice even though it was sprinkling rain. I ran the first two and a half miles with Bart, who dragged me through every puddle on the street. He seemed to be feeling unusually energetic tonight, must be the spring-like feel in the air. After dropping him off back home, I did another 2 1/2 alone.

On yesterday's 20 miler I noticed that I was feeling very strong on the hills. I think it has to be the snowshoe running. I haven't started doing any hill climbs yet in my training for Massanutten, I planned to start concentrating on that in March and April. Yet, I ran my very hilliest road 20 yesterday and hardly even felt the climbs. Also, the overall pace was faster than I would expect for this time of year.

One more positive thing...my supervisor has agreed to let me have Saturday off from work so I will be able to complete the Granite State Series after all. I didn't come up with any elaborate story, I just said I wanted to run a snowshoe race. Who knew something like that could actually work?

2 comments:

  1. Hi Laurel, I'm happy you could get the day off. Did you get a strange look from your supervisor when you said you were racing in snowshoes? ;-) I'll be at Horse Hill too. I'll try to introduce myself if I can recognize you in the person. Oh, I know. I'll just wait for the awards to see you. I'm sure you'll be getting another one this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll look for you at Horse Hill. Curious about how the conditions will be after all this rain.

    ReplyDelete