Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Trying Something New

I've been told that the key to back to back long runs is to do the second one as a relaxed walk/run with a goal of just spending time on my feet. So my plan for today was to go for 2 hours, alternating 15 minutes of running with 5 minutes of walking. My legs were not at all sore from yesterday's 4 hour run, but kind of tired and weak-feeling.

I started with 15 minutes of slow running and didn't feel that great, but after the first 5 minute walk break my next 15 minutes of running felt better. Each run following a walk break felt better than the one before and my last 15 minutes of running felt great. I only did ten miles, we're talking hundred mile pace! But it was actually quite enjoyable and definitely "time on my feet." I feel better after my run than I did before, looser and with less leg fatigue.

No comments:

Post a Comment