Thursday, February 5, 2009

Tempo Pace

I took an unplanned day off yesterday because I had a disorganized and chaotic day at work. Today I felt great for my tempo paced running, so I think the day off was a good thing. I hardly ever have a day where I don't do any training at all, so when I do take one of those days it feels like such a nice rest.

Today I did a 2 mile warm up on the treadmill, then 3 repeats of 1 mile at 7 minute pace with a little jog between each, then a nice cool down. I'll do weights and core work tonight.

I'm happy with how my training is going so far. I have to keep building on it in preparation for Massanutten, but I also have to be careful not to get injured or mentally burnt out. So far, so good.

1 comment:

  1. Nice tread run and congrats on last weekend's snowshoe race, the snowshoe events look like a lot of fun if only there where a couple a bit closer to Boston I’d be there for sure. Wish I could run Kingsman Farm but I’ll be down the Cape for the Hyannis Marathon. Anyway maybe we can plan a group VT 4,000 fters run this summer.

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete