Friday, March 6, 2009

Still Sick

I was hoping to get my planned 5K pace running in tonight, but I've been sick for the past few days and really didn't have it in me. I'm sure I'll be able to get it done tomorrow. So tonight I had a nice 7 1/2 mile run on clear roads with temps in the 40's. What a treat to run on clear roads! I did 6 strides in the middle of the run and they felt good. I started the run feeling congested and sluggish, but felt better after I got going. I should have kept going because as soon as I stopped running I felt congested and sluggish again. Oh well.

It's funny how I've been feeling guilty about not running much, not working, and not getting things done around the house since I've been sick for a few days. I shouldn't feel that way, I should be able to laze around and watch crappy TV shows and do crossword puzzles all day without feeling bad about it. Maybe it's a woman thing, my son seems to be able to lay on the couch and watch crappy TV shows on days when he is feeling perfectly fine without feeling any guilt at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment